We held the Co-Symposium with “SmarTran4T4 (Smart Transport Strategy for Realizing Thailand 4.0)”, another SATREPS project on Jan 25th, 2022.
2 projects have a lot in common in their goal, to create a sustainable and eco & people-friendly city by smart transportation to address the common issues which emerging countries are facing (severe traffic congestion, CO2 emission, accidents…etc) .
The aim of the symposium is to exchange knowledge, insights, view among of each other, to discuss and explore future challenges in delivering research results to society, and to strengthen research networks.
We are happy to announce that it ended successfully, with the audience of as many as 114 at maximum, including Project members and young researchers from 3 countries, JICA, JST and the relevant public and private sectors.
Main objectives of SmarTran4T4 are : 1) to achieve leapfrog growth based on the “Smart Transport Strategy” and 2) to
contribute to “Thailand 4.0” and SDGs through the “Sukhumvit Model”.
During the panel discussion, Prof. Hayashi(Chubu University), representative of SmarTran4T4 emphasised that what the project is proposing to society is not efficiency, but sufficiency, which can be expressed as a measure of QOL(parameter of well-being) divided by the Carbon dioxide(parameter of burden on the planet).
On the other hand, Dr. Tsutomu Tsuboi(Nagoya Electric Works Co.,Ltd.), representative of M2Smart emphasised that the project is now in the last phase and we need much more than “good experimental results”, and challenge and priority action is make a movement from products to experience.
1. Introduction of Projects
- Introduction of M2Smart [General Manager, Dr.Tsutomo Tsuboi, Nagoya Electric Works Co., Ltd.]
- Introduction of SmarTran4T4 [Dr. Distinguished Prof. Yoshitsugu Hayashi, Chubu University]
2. Evaluation and Future Visions
2-1. Project Evaluation
- Impact on Greenhouse Gases Roadside Air Pollutant [Prof. Soumya Jana]
- Concept of Sukhumvit Model linking with QOL Evaluation [Dr. Apiwat Ratanawaraha and Dr. Pawinee Lamtrakul]
2-2. Mechanism to Promote Behavior Change
- Experiment in Ahmedabad to Analysis Behavior Change by VMS and the Application– [Prof. Shinya Hanaoka]
- Promotion of Behavior Change by showing a Daily Life Plan [Dr. Witsarut Achariyaviriya]
2-3. Utilization in Social Experiments
- Implementation on IITH testbed and E-Rickshaw Operation Experiment [Dr. Digvijay S. Pawar]
- Social Experiment of the Smart Small Vehicle Service (SSVS) Transit Service [Prof. Kenji Doi]
3. Data Collection and Analysis
3-1. Estimation of Traffic State by Image Processing
- Estimation of Traffic State by Image Processing in Ahmedabad [Prof. C Krishna Mohan]
- Evaluation of QOL thought Image Analysis [Dr. Pittipol Kantavat supervised by Prof. Boonserm and Prof. Iwahori]
3-2. Evaluation by Micro Traffic Simulation
- Case Study in Ahmedabad [Dr. Tetsuhiro Ishizaka]
- Case Study in Bangkok [Dr. Varameth Vichiensan and Prof. Masanobu Kii]
3-3. Big Data Visualization and Consensus Building
- Data Acquisition by Barious Sensing Devices and its Utilization［Dr.Tsutomu Tsuboi］
- Visualization and Consensus Building using the Digital Earth Platform [Prof. Hiromichi Fukui]
4. Challenges and Future Prospects for Both Projects (Panel Discussion)
Moderator : Prof.Atsushi Fukuda(Nihon University)
Panelist : Dr.Tsutomu Tsuboi(Nagoya Electric Works Co.,Ltd.)
Prof. Yoshitsugu Hayashi(Chubu University)
Prof. Bheemarjuna Reddy Tamma(IITH),
Prof. Thanaruk Theeramunkong (Thammasat University)
Assoc. Prof. Apiwat Ratanawaraha(Chulalongkorn University)